Shreveport/Bossier City Mardi Gras Calendar 2016
Let the good times roll Northwest Louisiana! With Christmas just days away, for those of us obsessed with Mardi Gras in the Shreveport/Bossier area, we know that 12th night quickly follows! If you're ready to celebrate the purple, green and gold of Mardi Gras and give our community a great show, we're ready for you!
Here's the latest, greatest calendar of events for our neck of the woods in Northwest Louisiana from Captain of Captains Brian Landry. Happy Mardi Gras ya'll!
(1) Mardi Gras Mass at 9AM St. Pius Catholic Church 4300 N. Market St. Shreveport, LA. King cake and coffee available after mass. RSVP to Jean Nixon firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Loblolly 12th Night Revelers Luncheon. 1-4 p.m. Holiday Inn Downtown. $30 Full Buffet and Live Music. Mardi Gras Casual Attire. Pine Cones on Parade. Ribbon Cutting. Lord and Lady of Misrule Crowning. Toasting of area krewes. RSVP to email@example.com or call 318-865-3554. Checks payable to A Better Shreveport/Loblolly 341 Woodbine Dr. Shreveport, LA 71105. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/701399799913944/?fref=nf
(3) 12th Night (Hosted by Gemini). Bossier Civic Center 6:30pm-midnight Royalty Presentation at 8:00 $50.00 per person Attire Disco Open Bar * Dueling Disco DJ'S Hotel Rooms at http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/S/SHVOMGI-GEM-20151230/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
(4) 12th Night (Hosted by Dionysos) Knights of Columbus Hall – Doors open at 6:30, live band, BYOB, set-ups provide, food served, King, Queen and Captain of visiting Krewe’s complimentary, all other guests $20
8th Fri., Krewe les Femmes Mystique Grand Bal at Diamond Jacks Grand Ballroom. Music by Side FX. Doors open at 6:30PM, Dinner at 7:00PM, Tableau at 8:00PM Black tie and cash bar. Tickets $75 before 12/16, and $85 thereafter. No ticket sales at the door. www.shop.lesfemmesmystique.org for tickets. More information: 318-465-3889 or belindaj@mcmichael-La.com
(1) Krewe of Artemis Grand Bal. “Fantasy Island.” 7:00 p.m., Tableu at 8:00. Springhill Civic Center, 101 Machen Drive, Springhill, LA 71075. $50, Advance reservations REQUIRED: Krewe of ARTEMIS, P. O. Box 1072, Springhill, LA 71075. Live Band to be announced. Black Tie Optional. There will be Heavy Hors d'oeuvres, B.Y.O B., soft drinks provided. INFORMATION: (318) 539-5951
(2) Krewe of Elders Grand Bal – Shreveport Convention Center – “Islands of the Elders” – Black Tie Optional – Doors open at 5:30 – Dinner (Sit Down) will be served at 6:30 – Tableau will start at 7:30 – Cash Bar – Band is “Ambush” – Cost $55 for Krewe Members and $65 for all others. https://squareup.com/market/krewe-of-elders/grand-bal-ticket
10th Sun., Barkus & Meoux’s A Harry Pawter Jazz Brunch. El Dorado Hotel & Casino Grand Ball Room. Attire: Cocktail dressy. Brunch at 12PM, Tableau at 1:30PM Complementary Mimosas and Cash Bar. Silent and live auction. RSVP to PO Box 52047 Shreveport, LA 71138, by December 31. $50 for members and $55 for guests. More Information: see the facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/148609315500697/
(1) Krewe of Sobek Grand Bal. Shreveport Convention Center. Doors open at 6PM, Presentation at 8PM. Formal attire. Light hors d’oeuvres. Cash Bar. Tickets $72.50, available at http://www.kreweofsobek.org/OurEvents.html
(2)Krewe of Atlas Grand Bal. Supernatural. Shreveport Convention Center. Doors Open at 6:30PM, Tableau at 7:30PM. Formal attire. Heavy hor d’oeuvres. Music by Side FX. $75. No tickets sold at the door. To purchase: www.kreweofatlas.org RSVP by December 25, to Lea Ann Breen 227 Scott Road, Frierson, LA 71027
(1) Krewe of Centaur Grand Bal Shreveport Convention Center, Doors open 6:30 PM; Presentation 8:00 PM. Dinner buffet. Music Shreveport Soul Orchestra. Tickets $80 RSVP by Dec. 18, 2015. Mail payments to: Kathy Kochenderfer, 219 Ridgefield Dr., Bossier City LA 71111. Online ticket purchase: http://www.kreweofcentaur.org/ccProStore/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=events
(2) Krewe of Sobek Parade. Info at http://www.kreweofsobek.org/Parade.html
(1) Barkus & Meoux Pet Parade Raffle
(2) Krewe of Harambee, Float Loading Party 3:00p.m.
(1) Krewe of Harambee MLK Day “Hopes & Dreams Breakfast”. Petroleum Club, Downtown Shreveport. 8-10:30 a.m.
(2) Krewe of Harambee Parade Downtown Shreveport, LA 1:00p.m. Line-up 11:00a.m.
(1) Krewe of Justinian Grand Bal, Shreveport Convention Center, Black Tie, 6:30 complimentary cocktails; 7:00 cash bar, silent auction and entertainment; 8:00 presentation; entertainment by Limelight, and hors’deurves lines open after presentation; tickets $85 http://www.kreweofjustinian.com/shop/
(2) Krewe of Akewa Grand Bal. Masquerade. Knights of Columbus Hall at 5400 East Texas, Bossier City, LA. Black Tie Attire. Doors open at 6:30PM, presentation at 7:30PM. DJ Jeff McBride. Hugh Wood Catering. Cash Bar. $60. RSVP to Lenny Sullivan at 318-377-4938 by January 15.
(1) Minden Fasching Parade. line up at 3:00, start at 4:30
(2) Krewe of Gemini Grand Bal. Gemini XXVII Shreveport Convention Center January 23, 2016 Doors open 6:30pm presentation starts at 8:00pm Band - Flow Tribe $80 Ticket - after 1/9/16 ticket cost $100.00 Open bar * breakfast
(3) Krewe of Dionysos Grand Bal – Natchitoches Events Center
(4) Springhill Parade at 1:00. Info: (318) 539-5681.
(1) Krewe des Ambassadeurs Grand Bal. Fasching XV Magnolia Ballroom - Sam's Town Doors Open at 6:30pm Tableau begins at 8:00pm Hor d'oeuvres Live Music
(2) Krewe of Centaur Float Loading Party, 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
30th Sat., Krewe of Centaur Parade
31st Sun., Barkus & Meoux Pet Parade
(1) Krewe of Highland Grand Bal, Doors at 7. Presentation at 8. Randall T. Moore Center. Please let your costume be inspired by Rocky Horror Picture Show. Music by Le Freak. Cash bar. Appetizers.
(2) Krewe of Gemini Float Loading. Open to the Public 5:00pm Gemini Den 2101 East Texas St
(1) Krewe of Gemini Parade
(2) Krewe of Harambee Grand Bal Horseshoe Riverdome Attire: Black Tie or African Attire, Doors Open: 6:00p.m. Presentation: 8:00p.m RSVP by January 4,2016. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-286-5878.
(3) Krewe of Dionysos Parade
7th Sun., Krewe of Highland Parade, for more info, email email@example.com
or follow our Facebook page.
9TH Tues., Fat Tuesday. Pre-party and Bridge Closing Ceremony hosted by Atlas. Artspace 710 Texas St. Shreveport, LA. Details to be provided.