So I Can’t Snore with the Windows Open?
It is no mystery that I am new to Louisiana and each day I am finding new things that are interesting and fun. My first few days of being in the Shreveport/Bossier City area, I stumbled upon was Julie Anne's Bakery. It is possibly my favorite spot so far. But something I didn't expect was the strange laws that are currently in place her in Louisiana.
Every state has unique laws that are made for a reason. Though they have a reason for being a law, they are also strange and unusual. Below are just a few of the wacky laws I have found.
- It is illegal to urinate in the water supply and an infraction may cost you up to 20 years in prison.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
- You may not tie an alligator to fire hydrant.
- City Commission members may not drink during a public meeting or else risk a $50 fine.
- In Rayne, it is illegal to trick-or-treat for kids who are aged 14 and up.
- Goatees are illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
- It is illegal for a woman in New Orleans to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.
The randomness of these laws make me scratch my head and giggle all at the same time. I just love how these specific laws were made because there was a problem with each scenario. I just love thinking that there was some so upset with so many alligators being tide to fire hydrants.