Wire-to-Wire: Prophets of Rage’s Brad Wilk Hits Late Night TV, Plus News on Ensiferum + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, here are some other rock and metal news items from July 19, 2017:
- Prophets of Rage drummer Brad Wilk will take his turn behind the kit of the 8G house band on Late Night With Seth Meyers beginning the week of July 24. Meyers has welcomed a wealth of acclaimed drummers to sit in, and Wilk is the latest to join the ranks.
- Ensiferum have locked in a Sept. 15 street date for their seventh full-length set, Two Paths. You can pre-order the set and listen to the single "For Those About to Fight for Metal" right here. Catch the band on tour in Europe and South America at these stops.
- The Agonist are going in for the kill with their dark new video for "The Raven Eyes." Watch the clip and hope your name doesn't end up on the list right here. The song is featured on the band's Five album.
- Venom frontman Cronos has revealed to Metal Rules that the band is planning to release an EP later this year, with a full-length album to follow in 2018. This would mark the band's first new music since 2015's From the Very Depths disc.
- Guitar greats Vinnie Moore and Gus G. will be teaming up for a late 2017 tour. The "Gunslingers" trek launches Nov. 28 in Derry, N.H., and continues through Dec. 9 in Somerville, Mass. Get dates and details here.
- With the Winery Dogs enjoying a break, bassist Billy Sheehan has joined a new group called the Fell. Rock Star: Supernova competitor Toby Rand fronts the band, with Smash Mouth alums Mike Krompass and Randy Cooke also on board. Watch their video for "Footprints" here.
Loudwire 360 News Video