A Massive LEGO Convention is Headed Straight for Louisiana
I have long had a (possibly unhealthy) obsession with LEGOs. I don't know what it is exactly, but I know that it's real. So real, I started buying some really advanced sets containing thousands of pieces for my son before he was born (they were for me). My favorites are the Star Wars sets, but I can thoroughly enjoy building with LEGOs from any of the fantastic themes available.
Just imagine the sheer joy I experienced when I learned this morning that a gigantic, LEGO convention dedicated to my hands-down favorite toy of all time is coming to the great state of Louisiana! You can't see my face right now, but believe me - my smile is so big I think I might be scaring my co-workers.
According to KNOE, the BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention is headed to the Pontchartrain Civic and Convention Center in Kenner, Louisiana August the 14th and 15th. For devotees of the brick, this place is like Shangi-La! Event planners are bringing in the biggest and baddest names in the game! You can witness massive builds unachievable by mortals (because the kids keep losing my pieces), and some pretty far out there inventions all using those foot destroying toys parents love to hate!
According to the website, attendees will be treated to LEGO renditions of:
- LEGO City: Massive LEGO City Creations built by top LEGO artists
- LEGO Retail: several specialized merchants selling LEGO merchandise, minifigures, custom accessories, and goodies
- LEGO Spaceships: Out of this world LEGO NASA creations
- The World in Bricks: Over 50 world landmarks built in LEGO
- Brick Superheroes and Villains: Several Creations depicting everyone’s favorite heroes and villains in LEGO; including Batman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, Ironman, and Captain America