Highway 98.9 Foreigner Choir Contest
- Highway 98.9 (“Station”) is giving one local youth choir the opportunity to sing on-stage with Foreigner during their concert on February 14, 2020, at Shreveport Municipal Auditorium. The contest is open to middle school and high school choirs in the following areas: Panola and Harrison counties in Texas; Caddo, Bossier, Webster, and DeSoto parishes in Louisiana.
- Participating choir directors must submit a video of their choir’s performance of Foreigner’s classic song, “I Want To Know What Love Is”. The video can be of a performance of the entire song or a portion thereof. To enter, download the Highway 98.9 app or log onto Highway989.com, then click the “Foreigner Choir Contest” link. Fill out the accompanying entry blank then upload the video or provide a web link to the video. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm on January 24, 2020.
- By submitting a video, each entrant authorizes the Station to post the video to the Station’s website and social media pages.
- IT IS THE ENTRANT’S RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO ENTERING THIS CONTEST TO OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF ALL PERSONS APPEARING IN THE VIDEO. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS STATION AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM MADE BY ANY PERSONS RELATING TO THE CONTENT OF THE VIDEO SUBMITTED BY THE ENTRANT.
- Videos will be posted on Highway989.com. (Station reserves the right to edit videos before posting, if necessary.) The general public will be allowed to vote on which video they like best, but these votes will not necessarily be determinative in selecting a winner.
- On or about January 27, 2020, Station will select the winning entry based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable including--but not limited to--public voting and a panel of Station judges.
- The winning choir (“Winner”) will be contacted on or about Tuesday, January 28, 2020, and will then be connected with Foreigner’s management to work out the details for the performance.
- The Winner will receive a $500 check from Foreigner and will perform on-stage during Foreigner’s performance of “I Want To Know What Love Is” on February 14, 2020, at Shreveport Municipal Auditorium.
- Total prize value: $500.
- Prize stipulations
- For the on-stage performance, the choir must number 25 singers or less.
- A total of no more than six (6) chaperones will be allowed to attend with the Winner.
- Tickets to the entire concert are not provided.
- $500 check will be made out to the choir program at the Winner’s school and will be mailed a few weeks after the performance.
For complete station contest rules click here.