I-220 Traffic Headache Scheduled to Begin Today in Bossier
If your daily commute has you using I-220 to cross the Red River, you'll either need to consider another route, or plan for some possible delays.
In a release from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development we learn that motorists are advised that beginning today, Wednesday, June 22, there will be lane closures on I-220 eastbound and westbound over the Red River in Bossier Parish.
The DOTD says that those lane closures are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, June 22nd from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, inside lanes are closed
- Thursday, June 23rd from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, inside lanes are closed
- Tuesday, June 28th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, outside lanes are closed
- Wednesday, June 29th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, outside lanes are closed
- Thursday, June 30th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, outside lanes are closed
The lane closures are necessary to allow DOTD crews to clean and remove litter and debris from the bridge.
Of course, all work will be performed, "Weather Permitting" and should inclement weather prohibit the cleaning, additional dates will be required to complete the project.
DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution through the construction site and be on the lookout for work crews and their equipment. Area residents should exercise caution when driving, walking, or biking near an active construction zone.