Mayor-Elect Perkins Announces Transition Team
Mayor-elect Adrian Perkins will takeover as Mayor of Shreveport on December 29th. Ahead of being sworn in, Perkins has announced the members of his 15 person transition team. His team includes business leaders, educators, service men and Harvard faculty members.
The advisory board will be co-chaired by Tony Williams, CEO of Global Resource Solutions and Graham Walker, President of Fibrebond. The team will not only advise Perkins during the transition period but will put together a transition report that will outline Perkins' vision and plans for his first term as mayor. That report will come out after the first of the year.
The members of the Mayor-Elect's transition team are:
- Dr. Ray Belton, president of Southern University System.
- Lt. General Robert Caslen, former superintendent of United States Military Academy, U.S. Army Ret.
- Lt. Gen. Bob Elder, research professor at George Mason University, USAF Ret.
- Professor Gerald Frug, the Louis D. Brandeis Professor of Law at Harvard Law School.
- Rachel Lawler, owner Rachel & Co. Realty.
- Kay Medlin, an attorney.
- Elliot Rogers, senior vice president of logistics at Ulta Beauty
- Dr. Navdeep Samra, professor and program director in the Department of General Surgery at LSU Health Shreveport
- Tangela Silvie, principal Cherokee Park Elementary School in Shreveport.
- Shante Wells, an attorney.
- Dr. Cheryl White, associate professor of history at Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
- Joshua Williams, an attorney.
Citizens who would like to be apart of the the transition committee will be able to apply online after Perkins takes office.