No Money to Travel? Plan Your Own Fun Shreveport Staycation
The kids are finally out of school and it's time to plan your summer vacation, but funds are tight. Don't worry, you can have just as fun with a Shreveport-Bossier Staycation!
Not long ago, I asked about attractions in the area that locals tend to take for granted. For example, I've never been to Sci-Port Discovery Center. I know it's a great place to visit whether you have kids or not, but I take it for granted that it'll always be there and I'll go 'someday.'
So what are some places you can check out without spending a bucket of money? I've got some ideas for you!
1. If you're looking for luxury, book a room at the Remington in downtown Shreveport. Make sure to get one of the rooms with the shared space that includes a pool table. It looks like it would be a blast to stay there and take advantage of their spa, indoor pool, and bar.
2. Live music and entertainment are back! Check the entertainment listings for the local casinos and don't forget about any upcoming festivals.
3. We're the 'Sportsman's Paradise!' If you don't have a boat, make friends with someone who does or rent one. A day of sunning, skiing, tubing, kayaking, swimming, etc... could be just what the doctor ordered! You might want to check into cabin rentals at the local state parks as well!
4. Two of my favorite restaurants that I love to visit when it's time to 'treat' myself are the Mabry House (The chef's table is to die for!) and Fertitta's.
5. Plot your own tour of the local breweries. You could spend an entire day sampling the amazing local brews and some fantastic food at each while you're at it!
6. If you've got the kiddos with you, try Gators and Friends or the Jubilee Zoo. Of course, I already mentioned Sci-port, but you can also go to the Shreveport Aquarium, the Touchstone Museum in Haughton, Splash Kingdom Water Town, or Party Central. I'm a big fan of bowling and roller skating as well!
Or you could just go to Walmart. What evs!