Nungesser on Trump Meeting, Trump Socks and Record Tourism [VIDEO]
Louisiana Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser talks with 101.7 / 710 KEEL's Robert J Wright and Erin McCarty about his recent meeting with President Donald Trump - a moment that made national news - and the latest word on the state's recent record breaking tourism numbers.
Here are a few of those figures from the Lieutenant Governor's office:
"Tourism – 2018 Record-breaking
- Tourism is the 4th largest industry in the state.
- 7th consecutive year of increases
- 51.3 million Visitors in 2018, up from 47.1 million visitors in 2017.
- Visitors accounted for $18.8 billion in spending, up from $17.5 billion, increase of 9%
- $1.9 billion total taxes generated from visitors in 2018
- Louisiana households saved $1,082 in taxes
- 237,200 jobs were supported by tourism in 2018.
- 2,600 jobs were added in 2018, 6,700 jobs since 2016
- The state of Louisiana now has new hotels under construction, and when completed by year end, we will reach 100,000 hotel rooms all across the state.
- INTERNATIONAL VISITORS – huge market for our state"
Nungesser also encouraged KEEL listeners to vote (as many times as possible) for American Idol finalist Laine hardy, from Livingston Parish. "There must be something in the soil," says Mr. Billly, "That Louisiana keeps turning out such talented people."