Only A Few Days in August Left to Take Your Louisiana Hunter’s Ed Classes
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has established that opening day of Dove Season here in North Louisiana is coming on September 4th this year. Just in case you're wondering, YES, that's the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, and it's the same day LSU plays UCLA in Pasadena, California, so it's a really big weekend!
Of course, archery season for deer will begin October 1, squirrel season opens on October 2 and regular gun season for deer will open October 30 here in Area 2 of North Louisiana. And just a couple weeks after that, in the Louisiana West Zone, duck season gets underway on November 13.
And if you've got a teenager who'll need to get their hunting license for the first time, or you're new to Louisiana and will have to purchase your hunting license here for the first time, you'll need to complete your Hunter Education Course before you can actually get that license.
Persons born on or after September 1, 1969, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Course in order to hunt in the state of Louisiana.
- August 12 through August 14 - Desoto Parish Sheriff Training Center in Grand Cane, La.
- August 23 through August 26 - Lincoln Parish Public Safety Complex in Ruston, La
- August 30 through September 1 - Springhill RV Center in Springhill, La
Hunters can also take the Official Louisiana Hunter Safety Course Online HERE but must still complete an official LDWF sanctioned "Field Day".
The dates of the August Field Days within 50 miles of Shreveport are below:
- TONIGHT - August 3 - 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm at Red River Range in Shreveport
- August 10 - 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm at LDWF Region 1 Office on Highway 80 in Minden