Shreveport Elderly Woman Dies in House Fire
An elderly woman mortally injured in a house fire in the Werner Park neighborhood late Saturday, November 5, 2022, has been named by the Caddo Parish Coroner's office.
Sharon Hudson, 73, perished at Ochsner LSU Health hospital at 8:53 a.m., Sunday, November 6, 2022. She had been transported there after the fire that occurred at 3:15 p.m. the previous day at a residence in the 2500 block of Malcolm Street.
The fire remains under investigation by the Shreveport Fire and Police departments.
An autopsy was ordered for the elderly victim
Every three hours, someone in the U.S. dies in a home fire. And if a fire breaks out, you only have minutes to escape. Is your family prepared? The Shreveport Fire Department reminds you that where you put your smoke alarms matters; install working smoke alarms on each floor, in hallways, living areas , inside all bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
The sooner you hear an alarm, the more time your family has to escape. Test alarms regularly, replace them if they’re more than 10 years old, and develop and practice an escape plan with your family. It’s these Smart Choices that could save lives.