What Additions Would You Make to List of Things a Man Ought to Know?
Country newcomer, Lainey Wilson is a Louisiana native, born in Baskin, Louisiana, in Franklin Parish, and her debut single, "Things a Man Ought to Know" is killing it all over America in the country music world.
With this Sunday, being Father's Day, her song really strikes a chord when it comes to guys and what being a "man" really means. She sings:
I can hook a trailer on a two-inch hitch
I can shoot a shotgun, I can catch a fish
I can change a tire on the side of a road
Yeah, I know a few things a man oughta know
Her Louisiana roots really show when she mentions the trailer, the shotgun and catching a fish as those really are a few things a man should know.
However, the list is incomplete as I feel there are scores of other things a man should know.
- He needs to know how to be the spiritual leader of his family
- He needs to know how to treat a lady
- He needs to know how to be totally honest, even when it hurts
- He needs to know how to back up a boat. One Saturday at a public boat ramp and you'll see this lesson gets skipped a lot
- He needs to know how to put tobacco on a wasp or bee sting
- He needs to know how to grill a good steak
- He needs to know how to sharpen a knife
- He needs to know how to tie a tie
- He needs to know how to look another man in the eye (without being creepy)
- He DEFINITELY needs to know how to shake hands. Properly shake hands
What else belongs on the list? Your comments are welcome!