Christmas Cocktails For The Holiday Season
You still having trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit? Not ready for the Company Christmas Party, the Sexual Harassment lawsuits, and all the annoying family you try to avoid the other 364 days a year? We completely understand. But, to help you get your mind right, here is a list of our favorite Christmas Cocktails.
My personal favorite, which isn't listed below, is for the 'Screwge'. The reciepe is quite simple, take one fifth of bourbon, one eight-ball and one hooker, and you mix them all up until you can't feel feelings anymore.
THE CANDY CANE
- Beat egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg, salt and vanilla together until very thick and light yellow.
- Slowly beat in brandy (rum and whiskey are also popular alternatives) and milk.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Shortly before serving, beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beat this mixture to soft peaks again, creating a meringue-like cream.
- Then slowly pour this cream over the chilled brandy mixture, folding in gently.
- Serve the eggnog in a mug, Irish coffee glass, or punch cup and grate nutmeg over the top for garnish.
- 1 1/2 oz citrus vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Hiram Walker Gingerbread liqueur
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- Lime wedge for garnish