Love the ’80s? Good! It’s Another Feel Good ’80s Weekend on KVKI!
How rad is this? If you love the '80s, you're going to love KVKI even more than usual this weekend! Why? Because we're taking it old school with back-to-back '80s hits! Welcome to another Feel Good '80s Weekend!
Starting this Friday, October 1st, 2021, at 3 pm, we're going retro celebrating the decade of Jolt Cola, the Sweet Valley Twins books, and Lisa Frank! Yep, we're bringing back all of the '80s hits you love and we'll keep the totally awesome tunes rolling through Sunday, October 3rd at 7 pm when Delilah comes on. Are you ready to revisit the decade that brought us Dirty Dancing, Frogger, and waterbeds? We are! In fact, we may break out our leg warmers just for fun!
So, in the spirit of the weekend, we thought it would be fun to share some obscure '80s trivia that you can wow your friends with. Check it out!
1. In The Golden Child, what object does the child animate to amuse his captor? (A Coke can)
2. Which computer is listed in The Guinness World Records as the highest-selling single computer model of all time? (Commodore 64)
3. What book spent 55 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list in the 1980s? (Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche)
4. What product had a major moment in the 1980s, but had been around since 3000 BCE when Chinese Emperor Wong Ti used to kick around a leather ball filled with hair? (Hacky Sacks)
5. What notable branding did Nike launch in 1988? (Their slogan “Just Do It”)
6. When did the first widely-used disposable camera hit the market? (1986, it was the Fuji QuickSnap)
7. In which video game did Super Mario first appear? (Donkey Kong)
8. In the first WrestleMania that took place March 31, 1985, at Madison Square Garden, who was the guest referee for the main event? (Mohammad Ali)
9. In the early outlines for The Emperor Strikes Back, what was the original name of Yoda? (Buffy)
10. Before Game Boy, Nintendo had another handheld game called what? (Game & Watch)
Don't miss it when we serve all this pop-culture fun up for you on a platter this weekend as KVKI celebrates with wall-to-wall '80s super hits. And don't forget, wherever your travels take you this weekend, take 96.5 KVKI with you using the free KVKI Mobile App.