Louisiana Gets $1 Billion to Fix Bridges, Jimmie Davis Included
Jimmie Davis made the list.
Generally speaking, our neck of the woods gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to statewide renovations. However, most times the dollar figure involved is no where near the $1 billion mark. This week, the governor's office announced that Louisiana will be receiving a smooth billion dollars to repair bridges statewide that desperately need fixing.
DOTD Secretary Shawn Wilson says that the federal aid is split and given to states based on needs, and Louisiana received a big slice of the pie. Shawn says, "We are receiving dollars from much larger than some states that are three or four times our size, so it says a lot about our condition."
Color me surprised. Anyone who has driven on Louisiana roadways for more than five minutes knows that our road conditions are beyond horrific. In face, it's surprising to me that Louisiana didn't end up getting even more, Lord knows we need it.
The $1 Billion will be paid to the state of Louisiana over the next five years, with $200 Million already being planned to go straight to work this year. In a terrific display of transparency, they have already released the list of projects that will receive funding this year. You can find that full list below.
- LA 531 over I-20 Bridge Replacement in Webster Parish
- I-10 over US & Missouri Pacific RR in Calcasieu and Jefferson Davis Parishes
- Jimmie Davis Bridge Replacement in Caddo Parish
- US90Z – Harvey Canal Tunnel Rehabilitation in Jefferson Parish
- I-10 Sabine River Bridges Rehabilitation in Calcasieu Parish
- I-20 Orange Street Overpass Repair in Ouachita Parish
- US 61 Jefferson Highway Overpass Repair in East Baton Rouge Parish
- LA 47 Intracoastal Waterway Gulf Outlet Bridge Rehabilitation in Orleans Parish
- LA 485 Bridges near Allen Louisiana (Natchitoches Parish)
- LA 835 Creek Bridges in Morehouse Parish
- LA 121 over the Calcasieu River in Rapides Parish
- LA 182 over Berwick Bay Bridge Rehabilitation in St. Mary Parish
- US 51 over the Yellow Water River in Tangipahoa Parish
- LA 1183 over Turner Canal in Avoyelles Parish
- LA 1226 over Bayou Chevreuille in Natchitoches Parish
- LA 961 over Sandy Creek in East Feliciana Parish
- LA 404 Bayou and Canal Bridges in Iberville Parish
Great Places in Shreveport Area for a Romantic Valentine's Day Dinner
How Much Are Crawfish in Shreveport?
Best King Cakes in Shreveport-Bossier