7 People Ticketed for Selling Alcohol to Minors
Caddo Deputies have cited seven people for the illegal sale of alcohol to underage persons in an operation conducted over the past few days.
Here's the list released by Sheriff Steve Prator:
1. Taylor Tharpe of Waskom, Texas, Outlaw Bar at Tobacco Country, 11000 block of Hwy. 80 in Greenwood;
2. Marie L. Thomas of Keithville, Circle K #881, 11000 block of Mansfield Road in Shreveport;
3. Jerrica Johnson of Shreveport, Wal-mart, 4700 block of Northport Blvd. in Shreveport;
4. Rayfield Washington of Shreveport, Super S, 3900 block of Roy Road in Shreveport;
5. Sharef Awad of Shreveport, Dixie Quick Mart, 7900 block of Old Mooringsport Road in Shreveport;
6. Vera Thigpin of Vivian, Dub’s Corner, 100 block of South Pine Street in Vivian;
7. Balijeet Sing, no address available, Super S, 6900 block of Mira Myrtis Road in Ida.
Police keep a close eye on this problem throughout the year, but especially during Mardi Gras season when teenagers try to buy alcohol for the parades. Often, the teens will try to convince someone to go into a store to buy alcohol for them. Police remind you that this is also illegal, and you could be facing charges if you agree to help an underage person buy alcohol.