Can We Save Louisiana’s Mardi Gras With This TikTok Dance?
It's not really a secret that we really want Mardi Gras to happen in Louisiana this year. We haven't had parades, parties, or really any part of our beloved annual celebration for the past 2 years except for maybe king cakes and liquor. Now, with the speedy rise of COVID-19 Omicron variant - there's a real danger of missing Mardi Gras for the 3rd year in a row.
Louisiana Public Broadcasting Wants Mardi Gras So Bad This Year, They're Willing to Make You Dance For it
For the officials at Louisiana Public Broadcasting, that is simply not on option. They've got a plan to save this year's Mardi Gras using the power of TikTok and your sweet dance moves. According to a report from BRProud, the folks at Louisiana Public Broadcasting (LBP) have put together a Mardi Gras-inspired song and dance that "captures the spirit of the season."
Louisiana Public Broadcasting is Betting Your TikTok Dance Moves Will Equal More Vaccinations
They're hoping the whole routine spreads like wildfire because the purpose is to inspire more people to get the COVID-19 vaccination and booster in time for Mardi Gras. To join in on the fun, the report says to follow these steps:
- Listen to the song “Let’s Save Mardi Gras” so you can get into the swing of things
- Learn the dance using this fancy tutorial
- Follow Louisiana Public Broadcasting on TikTok
- Post your version (the best version, I should say) using #SaveMardiGras2022, #GetVaxxed and #LPB
- Make sure to get vaccinated and boosted