Indulge Yourself with a Free Cookie Today in Shreveport/Bossier
"Me want cookie!" If you read that phrase out loud, no doubt you'd do it in your best Cookie Monster voice. There's nothing in the world that the Cookie Monster wants more than a chocolate chip cookie. But don't try to give him a peanut butter or hazelnut cookie; he's allergic to those.
Whatever cookie you're into, today is the day to indulge because it's National Cookie Day.
America began its love affair with cookies when they were introduced here sometime in the 17th century. The Dutch are credited with creating the baked delight, where they're called "koekies" which is Dutch for "little cakes". (It's interesting that they're called "biscuits" in most other English-speaking countries outside of North America.) BTW--macaroons and gingerbread cookies were early favorites here in America.
A number of Shreveport/Bossier merchants have special offers for National Cookie Day today:
- Mrs. Fields on Bert Kouns in south Shreveport is giving away a free cookie to its first 400 customers today.
- Get a free regular chocolate chip cookie anytime today at either Great American Cookie Company store in St. Vincent Mall and Pierre Bossier Mall.
- Sam's Town is celebrating by offering your choice of two cookies for just $1.29 at the Bowling Snack Bar.
- Get 50% off all cookies at the Whole Foods cookie bar all day today.
- Cinnabon is offering a free bottle of milk when you purchase a new product they're introducing today: the Cookie BonBite. (But you'll have to head to Longview or Tyler to get one, because there's no Cinnabon location in Shreveport/Bossier.)
Or you could buy yourself a roll of Slice 'N' Bake Chocolate Chip cookies and just eat the dough. Not that I've ever done that before.