What’s Happening at the State Fair of Louisiana – Week 2
The State Fair of Louisiana is in its 2nd week. After being closed on Monday and Tuesday, the fair will be reopening this Wednesday at 10:00 am. On Wednesday, admission is only $5.00 beginning at 3:00 pm and carnival ride wristbands are $20.00 each from 12noon until close. Thursday is another discount day where parking, admission, and rides are all $2.00 each. Parking and admission are free until 3:00 pm on all weekdays.
Concerts scheduled on the main stage this week are as follows:
- Wednesday, October 30th, The Savage Trio at 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, October 31st, Blaze Band at 7:00 pm.
- Friday, November 1st, Southern Roots 7:00 pm.
- Saturday, November 2nd, Six great shows. On the stage at 1:00 pm, Casey Martin and, Beaux Atkins follows at 2:30 pm, DJ Love takes the stage at 7:00 pm. At 8:00 pm DJ UNK performs, Yung Joc at 9:00 pm, Baby Bash at 10:00 pm.
- Sunday, November 3rd, Fiesta at the Fair from 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm with live music all day long on the main stage. Feature acts include Los Ligaditos 6:00 pm, La Internacional Furia Colombiana de Chon Arauza at 7:30 pm, and Los Tigrillos at 8:00 pm.
State Fair of Louisiana LRCA Finals Rodeo will be this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30 pm in the Hirsch Coliseum presented by the Hebert’s Town and Country, RAM RODEO and Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission.
Description: The top cowboys and cowgirls of the LRCA will be competing for the championships of the LRCA Finals. Over $150,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded. LRCA Finals events include Bareback, Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Saddle Bronc, Tie-Down Roping, Barrel Racing, Breakaway Roping & Bull Riding. Specialty Act, Rider Kiesner, will be entertaining the crowd with his World Champion trick roping, gun spinning and whip cracking. Thursday, October 31st, is “Heroes Night’ at the rodeo and all law enforcement, fire personnel, first responders, and military will receive two free tickets upon request.
Friday, Nov. 1st is “Tough Enough To Wear Pink” night at the rodeo. $2 per ticket sold will be donated to Susan G. Komen Louisiana to help raise awareness and fight breast cancer. We encourage you to wear pink to Friday night’s performance to show your support!
Rodeo Ticket Outlets: Cavender’s Western Outfitters (Shreveport & Bossier), Topp’s Western World, Paul’s Farm & Garden, Greenwood Feed & Hardware, www.statefairoflouisiana.com and State Fair Gates. LRCA Finals Rodeo tickets include admission to State Fair.
- Junior Livestock Sale is this Wednesday, October 30th, at 8:00 am.
- Again, visit our website: www.statefairoflouisiana.com for a complete list of concerts, event schedules, free attractions, and discounted ticket information.